AT A GLANCE
- Cambridge IGCSE and AS level are international qualifications equivalent to grade 11 and 12.
- Clonard offers a comprehensive course to prepare you for the Cambridge International Exams including assignments and internal exams set and marked by experienced Cambridge teachers.
- Clonard offers subject choice advice to ensure access to Cambridge AS levels (matric equivalent).
- Clonard advises on exam registration with The British Council for external Cambridge exams.
ABOUT CLONARD SUPPORT
The Clonard programme can be completed entirely from home. Clonard provides you with all the learning material and valuable teacher support to prepare for your external Cambridge IGCSE and AS level exams.
Cambridge International Examinations are written at official examination centres throughout the country.
Each subject will have a course pack containing everything that you need in order to prepare for the final examinations.
• Textbooks and answer guides
• Detailed work schedules
• Assignments and Cloanrd internal examinations
• Assistance via email from our qualified and experienced Cambridge teachers
• Links to past Cambridge examination papers
• Online feedback sessions
There are assignments for each subject that sent out and retruned via email. These assignments are linked to the work schedules and are set by the subject teacher. It is important that the student completes and submits these assignments by the due dates so that progress can be monitored and students are exposed to the types of questions set by CIE. The marked assignments, together with comprehensive feedback and guidelines, will be returned to the students electronically.
• Along with the assignments there are internal Clonard examinations. Assessments are set by the subject teacher and moderated by Dr Huntley. Comprehensive written feedback to all assignments and internal exams will be given to students.
• No reports will be issued as all marked assignments and internal exams will be returned to students.
• External Cambridge International Examination sittings in May/June and Oct/Nov. External exams are set and marked by examiners at CIE.
Subjects currently offered by Clonard
Clonard has selected the following subjects to be offered at this level. We will expand these subject choices to best cater for our students’ needs. Correct IGCSE subjects will lead to subjects choices in AS level that could open doors to a variety of careers in the sciences, medicine, engineering and commerce fields and industries. The subjects are listed below in alphabetical order.
• Afrikaans - Second Language
• Business Studies
• English - First Language
• History - International
• Mathematics - Extended
In order to qualify to write your AS levels (matric equivalent) there are subject choice rules that must be adhered to at IGCS - contact us for more informaiton.
If Clonard does not offer a subject that you would like to do, you can register directly with Cambridge. You would then be responsible for your own preparation of the Cambridge Examinations.
REGISTERING WITH CAMBRIDGE
Once registration has been completed with Clonard, students will need to register as private candidates to write the Cambridge International Examinations in order to gain their IGCSE or AS level qualification. Clonard is not a registered Cambridge school. In order to write your Cambridge exams you will need to register via the British Council or one of the registered Cambridge schools that accepts private candidates. Clonard will assist you with the contact information for the Birtish Council in South Africa and help guide you through the registration process. Clonard's programme will ensure that you have the correct textbooks and all the valuable teacher support that you will need in order to prepare to write the Cambridge exams as an independent candidate.