AT A GLANCE
- Cambridge IGCSE is an international qualification equivalent to grade 10 and 11 combined.
- Clonard offers an 18 month course to prepare you for the Cambridge International Exams including assignments and internal exams set and marked by experienced Cambridge teachers.
- Clonard offers subject choice advice to ensure access to Cambridge AS levels (matric equivalent).
- Clonard advises on exam registration with The British Council for external Cambridge exams.
ABOUT CLONARD SUPPORT
The Clonard programme is an 18 month course which can be completed entirely from home. Clonard provides you with all the learning material and valuable teacher support to prepare for your external Cambridge IGCSE exams.
Cambridge International Examinations are written at official examination centres throughout the country.
Each subject will have a course pack containing everything that you need in order to prepare for the final examinations.
• Full syllabus
• Work schedule
• 5 Assignments (sent out during the course of the programme)
• 2 Clonard internal examinations
• Links to past Cambridge examination papers
• Links to online discussion forums
There will be 5 assignments for each subject that are submitted to the subject teacher for marking. These assignments are linked to the work schedule and are set by the subject teacher. It is important that the student completes and submits these assignments by the due dates so that progress can be monitored and students are exposed to the types of questions set by CIE. The marked assignments, together with comprehensive feedback and guidelines, will be returned to the students.
• Along with the 5 assignments there will be 2 internal Clonard examinations. Assessments are set by the subject teacher and moderated by Dr Huntley. Comprehensive written feedback to all assignments and internal exams will be given to students.
• No reports will be issued as all marked assignments and internal exams will be returned to students.
• External Cambridge International Examination sittings in May/June and Oct/Nov. External exams are set and marked by examiners at CIE.
All Clonard registered students have access to Clonard online forums to discuss questions and course material with their subject teachers; as well as to connect with other students. Students may also communicate with the teachers via email.
Subjects currently offered by Clonard
Clonard has selected the following subjects to be offered at this level. We will expand these subject choices to best cater for our students’ needs. Correct IGCSE subjects will lead to subjects choices in AS and A levels that could open doors to a variety of careers in the sciences, medicine, engineering and commerce fields and industries. The IGCSE subjects are listed below along with their CIE (Cambridge International Examinations) codes.
• Accounting - 0452 (AY)
• Afrikaans - Second Language - 548 (A)
• Biology - 0610
• Business Studies - 0450(AX)
• Chemistry - 0620
• English - First Language - 0500
• Mathematics - 0580
• Physics - 0625
In order to qualify to write your AS levels (matric equivalent) there are subject choice rules that must be adhered to. Please download our Info Pack or contact us for more information.
If Clonard does not offer a subject that you would like to do, you can register directly with Cambridge. You would then be responsible for your own preparation of the Cambridge Examinations.
REGISTERING WITH CAMBRIDGE
Once registration has been completed with Clonard, students will need to register as private candidates to write the Cambridge International Examinations in order to gain their IGCSE qualification. Clonard is not a registered Cambridge school. In order to write your Cambridge exams you will need to register via the British Council or one of the registered Cambridge schools that accepts private candidates. Clonard will assist you with the contact information for the Birtish Council in South Africa and help guide you through the registration process. Clonard's programme will ensure that you have the correct textbooks and all the valuable teacher support that you will need in order to prepare to write the Cambridge IGCSE exams as an independent candidate.