This is the right place to start. Young children benefit enormously from the one-on-one attention they get from their parents in a non-threatening environment.
Order the complete set for each grade including the Learner Pack, Reader Pack, Teacher Pack and Stationery Pack to receive everything you will need to successfully teach your child at home for the year.
We also offer telephonic support and direct access to our qualified teachers.
- Learner Pack: up to 23 individual textbooks; workbooks; worksheet packs; additional learning material
- Reader Pack: up to 42 phonetic readers - all the reading books that you will need to ensure that your child masters reading for the grade level and beyond
- Teacher Pack (Gr 1-3 only): Teacher’s Manual; Parent’s Guide; answer guides; additional teaching resources; access to our qualified teachers for assistance
- Stationery Pack: all stationery required to complete the curriculum
The Clonard curriculum is well supported with detailed instructions on what to do.
- The Teacher's Manual in each grade tells you exactly how to teach your child to read, write and do number work.
- The Parents' Guide deals with a number of topics related to the development of the child.
- Assessment is done by our teachers at the end of the course.
- Parents fill in a daily activity record book documenting the child’s progress throughout the year.
- Grade R is suitable for children from 5 years of age. Please note that children need to turn 7 in Grade 1.
- Reading is taught using the phonetic method with between 25 and 30 phonetic reading books in each of the 3 grades.
- Registration can take place at any time during the year, but the syllabus needs to be covered completely from start to finish.
TESTING AND REPORTING
Grade 1 to 3 – Continuous assessment during the year and final assessment tests at year-end. A report and certificate is issued.