This is the right place to start. Young children benefit enormously from the one-on-one attention they get from their parents in a non-threatening environment.
The Clonard curriculum is well supported with detailed instructions on what to do.
- The Teacher's Manual in each grade tells you exactly how to teach your child to read, write and do number work.
- The Parents' Guide deals with a number of topics related to the development of the child.
- Assessment is done by our teachers at the end of the course.
- Parents fill in a daily activity record book documenting the child’s progress throughout the year.
- Grade R is suitable for children from 5 years of age. Please note that children need to turn 7 in Grade 1.
- Reading is taught using the phonetic method with between 25 and 30 phonetic reading books in each of the 3 grades.
- Registration can take place at any time during the year, but the syllabus needs to be covered completely from start to finish.
TESTING AND REPORTING
Grade 1 to 3 – Continuous assessment during the year and final assessment tests at year-end. A report and certificate is issued.